Today, we would be learning the act of Rooting Our Tecno Phantom 6 smartphone
When you root your Tecno Phantom 6 certainly you gain 98% control of the device as well as making it possible to achieve even more greater task that you wouldn't achieve without root access. Rooting of devices running android 6.0 Marshmallow has proved too stubborn but thanks to Team HovaTek for always providing the ported recovery image for the tech community on almost all Marshmallow phones.
Before we Begin, Items Needed to Root Root Tecno Phantom 6 SmartPhones (Marshmallow)
- Absolute patience in following the steps involved
- Twrp recovery image Ported by Team Hovatek (download here)
- Super SU.zip (download it here)
- Unlocking the boot-loader of Tecno Phantom 6 (A6)
Tecno Phantom 6 STEPS TO ROOT!
- First of all you need to copy the downloaded Super SU to both internal storage of your phone and SD card.
- Secondly you will setup ADB and Fastboot on the PC using the guide here
- Now Proceed to extract and copy the twrp recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
- Then You can Unlock Tecno Phantom 6 bootloader by following the steps here
- Next, Connect the phone to your PC via USB cord while switched ON and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide; remember to enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging)
- lASTLY as soon as your device enters fast boot, flash the recovery.img to the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter
fastboot boot recovery.img
The device should automatically enter twrp recovery mode
- In TWRP, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tap KEEP READ ONLY
- If TWRP offers to root the phone, select NO
- In TWRP recovery, tap Install
- Navigate to the location of the SuperSU2.76.zip and select it
- Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete
- Reboot the phone normally.
Once you are done, confirm if your device has been successfully rooted by installing root checker from Playstore. source/hovatekThat is How to Root your Techno Phantom 66 Smartphone 100% effectively